Monday, March 23, 2009

She said she doesn’t like it here, left everything back home She was lost and bitter, broken and alone

I am feeling a bit more like myself again.

I don't know what it was that prompted all of the questioning and doubt. Marmee theorized that it was the fact that I've gotten myself so behind, and was feeling overwhelmed as a result. Traditionally, when I feel overwhelmed - I start looking for an exit strategy. And who wouldn't?

But I'm not convinced that's what it was this time.

I think that going through a program such as this provokes sharp questioning not only within ones field, but also sharp questioning of who one is, and why are we here, etc...

Plus, since I changed programs back in November from Reading to English Ed, I'm experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse. I'm feeling frustrated because my new adviser is very difficult to get used to. He's really non-linear in his thinking, and he is difficult to get face time with. I just have to adjust.

So - plenty of deep breaths are in order, and a buckle-down attitude... I'll be okay. And I'm going to stick with it.

At least for now. ;o)

What? If I were sure all the time, this would be the MOST BORING BLOG EVER!

Whereas now...

g

No comments: