Sunday, August 07, 2005

Central Park - Strawberry Fields

Imagine
Imagine,
originally uploaded by amberqt.
Wednesday morning, we got up and headed uptown... We walked through Central Park from Strawberry Fields all the way to - um... Well I don't remember exactly what the street name was, but we were by the Time Warner Bldg. (PS - Glenn, we didn't go to Jazz, because by the time we had schlepped our sorry selves across central park - we were WAY too gross to go into a restaurant like that.) Meanwhile - keep in mind that it's about 98 degrees outside while we're doing all this walking. For those of you who have never been to the city - check out a map - this was a HUGE walk for a couple of out-of-shape mid-westerners like us! ;)

THEN we walked to 57th & 5th... (Any of you ladies who have been there know, this means little blue boxes with white ribbons!!) Yep - we went to Tiffany's. But before anyone gets excited - we purchased NOTHING. I considered a pretty silver ring (for my right hand) but it was $250, I didn't like it as well as one I saw at James Avery for $45, and they didn't have it in my size. I contemplated shelling out $60 for a keychain or something just so I could have the box, ribbon, and little sack; but decided that was pathetic - even for me. I did, however peruse the diamonds before we left the promised land, that is Tiffany's... Gotta say, girls - if you (or your man) have the means, I HIGHLY recommend checking those puppies out!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! The website doesn't do them justice, but take a look anyhow.... Tiffany's

We walked by Bloomingdales - but didn't go in. I've been to the one in Chicago enough times to know that I can't afford even a pair of socks in there... And going in T & Co. was a humbling enough experience for my wallet and me for one day.

No comments: