Friday, July 14, 2006

Wet & Wild

So, on Tuesday, I had just finished working out on the treadmill, and Alex was leaving to run errands. I took off my tennis shoes, and walked him to the door in my socks. All of a sudden, my feet were SOAKED! It turns out that our air conditioner compressor drips. (it's supposed to) Well, the problem was that the drain it is supposed to leak into was clogged. A LOT! The part of the carpet that was soaked was about 8' by 4', and it wasn't just soaked... when you stepped down on it, it SPLASHED! Neither of us having owned a home, or ever having dealt with a situation like this - we weren't sure what to do. We called our Moms, our landlord, and our friend Chuck. Between all of those resources, plus our own (well, Alex's) idea to buy a $30 wet vac - we successfully sucked out 12 gallons of water from our carpet. There will be a stanley steemer person here at 9am. It's taken care of. But it really made us think... Are we ready to own a home?

That aside - the rest of the week is going along well. Just hanging out, working out, and trying to eat healthier. We've been on track and eating well for 7 days. It's gotten difficult once or twice. (we'd both LOVE some bread, or, you know, a PIZZA) But we're sticking with it for the long haul.

Tonight - after checking all the websites I look at daily (because my life is empty) I was searching MySpace for others who graduated from my high school. I found it odd that there was a definite air of success to those people who lived out of state. Okay - not all of them. There was no air of success for the guy living in Arkansas, or the one in Georgia. But those in New York, California, Seattle, Florida... They all seemed so much more successful just for the simple fact that they lived outside of Oklahoma.

Is it just me - or do people hold those who move away from "home" in higher esteem?

5 comments:

a said...

LOL!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Of course after that comes the air of success that is attached to being married. And having kids. ARGH! I'm SO behind!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I see the Diva picture! Love you lots Ber!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»