Monday, July 17, 2006

As the head spins

Greetings oh ye few, but faithful!!

Welcome to my Sunday night. Technically, it's Monday morning. But I haven't been to sleep yet - so it counts as Sunday still for me.

The weekend has flown by (as they are all begining to) and I am faced again with another week. Less than one month to go before I am back to work. *Sigh* I know I've complained and complained about being bored - but I think I'll complain even more about the 6am wake-up calls that will commence Aug 15th. Really, the next few days are the last of the lazy boring days. This week is Norman, the next week will be Vegas, the next week Marmee's party - then back to work. We are on the downhill slope. And I'm already looking forward to May. Of 2007. ;)

While home, I've been doing what any good couch potato would do... watching Oprah. Last week, she had her Debt Diet show on all week. I learned a lot about how to budget. I even decided to revamp my spending habits to try and speed up the paying off my student loan process. I think the quickest I can do it (without some unforseen windfall of cash coming my way) is going to be 9 years. Man! That's a LONG time. I'll be on 40's doorstep instead of 30's. It's crazy to think of myself as thirtysomething. I have a hard enough time comprehending that I am not a teenager still. Do you think that our mental age stops at about 18? Sometimes I really think mine did. Not that I lack maturity. I think I've got the maturity part down pretty well - but I feel like I still look at the world through the eyes of an 18 year old. Aaaand then I remember that I'm actually 28, and I can HEAR my biological clock ticking, and I realize that I do know I'm not 18. Could I BE any more confused????

Sad but true - this all makes sense in my head.

So, after finding out that an old college friend from the days of Walker 230E and Halray Drive has gotten married from another friend who happened upon his myspace page, I've been searching through myspace. HELLO!?!?! SO many of my friends are on there, and I had no idea! I have happened upon 5 of my friends' myspace pages. FIVE! I did not know these people had pages! They never emailed me, or added me to their friends list. So - my question tonight is, is it an invasion of privacy to read your friend's myspace page if you weren't formerly invited to do so. I am feeling like the answer is "yes". (that having been said - I wouldn't care if one of my friends happened upon this blog without my invitation, and read it... But that's me.) So - I decided that unless someone tells me that they have one, I'll pretend like I don't know that they do.

Which I guess makes me a TOTAL loser, and a bit of a voyeur - but tell me something I didn't already know.

X and I saw Pirates this weekend. It was ok. It seemed, to me, like it was simply a stepping stone to get the audience to the 3rd movie. Unlike Harry Potter where each movie is its own entity - Pirates 2 was just the comma in between the fragments Pirates 1 and Pirates 3. I could be alone on that.

Well - that's about all from here. I'm not sleepy yet - so I am going to read a little. Those of you reading along, we're on page 68 of Treasure Island. Keep up the good work!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I added you as a friend to my MySpace page - feel free to read away! www.myspace.com/soblessedami.

Teresa(from First Data - still!)

a said...

Teresa! You are such a sweetheart! I'll be reading. :)