Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dear Mom, Today I saw a cow, and I met a duck, and I made a friend.

Wednesday already! My weekend flew past without a hitch. Saturday was spent shopping with my Mother. I spent WAY more money than I intended to. But I needed some new shirts. And usually - when I need shirts, I buy pants - and vice versa. But this time, I was successful at buying only shirts. (okay - and ONE skirt, but it was only $9 and super cute, so I couldn't pass it up!) Sunday is always a lazy day, and that's how I like it. We have our read the paper and drink coffee ritual on Sundays that I wouldn't trade for a whole bushel of walnuts.

Monday I cleaned a little more. Just the kitchen - nothing major. And then Alex and I ran errands. I acquired some Lamasil AT. This might be gross - but it's my blog, so here goes... My feet have always been dry and cracked on the bottoms. Always. I can't remember when they weren't. I've tried corn huskers oil - all brands of lotions - regular pedicures... NOTHING worked. And then I saw a commercial for Lamasil. It said that cracked feet could be a form of athlete's foot - and that I should spend $12 on an insanely small tube of their product to fix it. Well - I happened to have a $3 off coupon for the stuff, and I decided to give it a try. Wouldn't you know - after 2 days of use, I already see a difference! My poor feet. They were sick, and I didn't know. After speaking with Mom about it - we deduced that I probably got athlete's foot way back in the day when I used to share a locker room with a bunch of smelly boys - and I just didn't know. YUCK!

Yesterday was Superman day. Alex and I had tickets to the 10pm premiere. We got there at about 9 - and the line was nearly out the door of the theatre. The movie was really good. Now - growing up, I really wasn't a fan of the Superman movies. Admittedly, I haven't watched them since I've been an adult, but I hesitate to do so, because I really didn't like them as a kid. But this movie was actually good. I don't know whether it was the fact that I've been subjected to such movies as Daredevil and Hellboy that made this movie so appealing. But I have to say - it was enjoyable.

Tonight - another premiere! Blade the series premieres tonight on Spike TV 9pm central I expect all of you to be watching. Why, you ask is this so important? Simply because the brother of my sweetheart is a production assistant for this show. We are very excited for Sterling, and we're really proud of him for all the hard work he's been doing. (not to mention how proud of him we are that he had the sack to move out to LA and try to make it!)

There is no new news on the Master's degree front. I guess I'll be taking some undergrad English classes coming up this fall and spring. Bastards! I am thinking that I may as well find out what more I would need to do to make it into a 2nd bachelors. Since it's still a BA (which I already have) it shoudln't be too much more. And it might help me in the future. WHO knows?

I'm excited for this weekend! Heather is coming to town - Uncle Phill is coming too. And next week - I hear that my good friend Amy Ealey will be in town, and we might even get to have lunch or something! I am also sketching together some plans to hopefully go to the Moore/Norman area in mid-July to see all of my peeps there. No big plans for the 4th. Last year we went to "Boom pond" which was a private fireworks display put on by one of my friends. We were invited to that again this year - but Alex has vetoed the idea since last year - he ended up with 40 or so mini-marshmallow sized mosquito bites. (even despite the fact that we covered ourselves in OFF before we went out there)

Oh - and I cleaned the front room, dining room, family room today. I have been a productive little thing.

mmm... I'm thinking it's shower time.

No comments: