Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Oh, Canada

Alex and his brother left this morning for Canada. It is amazing how quickly a home can become just an empty house.

Remember when I moved away to Chicago? That's the last time he and I have been apart this long.

UGH! I never thought I'd be one of those women who hated when her guy would leave town. I always thought they were just wimpy and rediculous. "He'll be back in 4 days" "it's only for a month", these were things I'd say to them. Before I had the good fortune to fall in love.

Now I know that being apart is so much more difficult than it sounds. For those couples who are separated due to the war - or their jobs - I don't know how they can handle it. Hats off to you.

As for me, I have a lot to do today, so I'm going to get to it. Alex says he'll be back before I know it. I have a feeling this time will crawl by, seconds ticking like hours. But we shall see.

No comments: