Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Oscars and the GROUCH!

I would be the Grouch on the couch watching the Oscars. I'm only grouchy because I wanted to do lots of things today - like finish grading papers, clean the house, etc... Somehow I managed to get away with only doing the dishes (and that was only out of SHEAR NECESSITY, and then I came right back to the couch. I didn't even make dinner. I can't decide what it is that I would make or eat for that matter, so I've elected to just do nothing. Alex laughs when I get like this, because I get so grumpy so fast - and then about 30 minutes later, I'm fine again. :) (Some call it "mood swings" I call it "just part of my charm")

The Oscars are at least mildly entertaining. I feel a little slacker-y even about them though, because I haven't seen the movies up for best picture... Except for Crash - which I thought was an excellent film. I was halfway planning on going to see Brokeback Mountain yesterday by myself - but ended up with a miagraine - and opted to not.

SO - I've been a busy girl... Alex and I went last Monday to see Fiona Apple and Coldplay in OKC. It was a great concert. Fiona is a bigger freak than I thought. I wonder if she's like that in real life - or if it's just a facade... Coldplay was damn near flawless... Except for the part where Chris Martin (the lead singer) came out with his pants (or "trousers" as he called them) unzipped. :) Actually it was funny.

I took Tuesday off work - since we didn't get home until 2am. Then the rest of the week was filled with school preparations - and seeking rental houses. (which, by the way - we're in the market for one at least a 3/2/2 not terribly expensive in Tulsa - if you know of one, email me!)

It seems like weekends evaporate. I really didn't do much of anything, but I feel like it was Friday night about 3 minutes ago. Lame. All weekends should contain no fewer than 72 hours.

So - we saw a house today, and we both fell in love with it... It is newly built - no one has ever lived in it... It was a model home for a new neighborhood in Broken Arrow... It is a little outside of our price range, but we decided we could swing it - and we called the landlord. And wouldn't you know it - SOMEONE ELSE RENTED IT FROM UNDER US!!! We were both just sick about it. I called the landlord and pouted. He promised if the other people didn't check out that he'd call us first thing. But I am not optimistic. :( So - back to the drawing board. Damn! I thought we had gotten somewhere.

Now - we're getting ready for our trip to LA. Coming up soon! Hooray for spring break! And summer school starts June 5th. Through July 28th. I'll be a busy bee once again for the summer.... Life is just speeding right along.

It's not always a good thing, but right now, I'll take it.

Okay - now that I've spoken with you, I'm feeling MUCH MUCH better.

See you real soon!

1 comment:

a said...

The mere thought of SPRING BREAK makes me smile for at least 5 solid minutes!!! :) HOORAY FOR DOING NOTHING!!!!!