Monday, November 14, 2005

Guess what!?!?!?!?!

No, no. Not that - but ALMOST as exciting... Marmee got the C.E.O. position!!! HOORAY!!!!! Our very own Marmee is the new CEO of Community Health Connections. (Or at least I think that's the name of the place) Now - before you all get excited and start emailing me (or her) that your best-friends uncle's wife's brother's friend's cousin's girlfriend knows a guy who has this friend who needs a job - she's not at that point yet. Of being able to hire people. I only say that because that seems to be everyone's reaction to her news. :) Not that I can blame anyone. :)

So - being the sweetheart that I am - I threw a surprise cocktail party for her on Friday night. Just 10 people very low key, but she was surprised and it was a good time. Good enough that we went through 3 bottles of champaign!! WOOO HOOO!

She is going today (actually in about 20 mins) in front of the board to negotiate salary & benefits, etc... i'm doubting that there will be any deal-breakers or show-stoppers there.

Congrats go out again to Marmee! I couldn't be prouder!!!

In other news - it was a very nice and very relaxing weekend! Other than Friday being a little crazy... I attended a teacher fair at NSU, and got 2 interviews out of the deal. One at Shawnee Public Schools (which is near Norman, OK 2 hours away - I won't be taking that one) and one at Tulsa Public Schools. Now, I would really rather not teach at Tulsa Public Schools because I don't want to have to wear a bullet-proof vest to work... But I'll take the job, if they offer me one. Cause that's just how I roll.

Following the cocktail party Friday night, Saturday was one of the most relaxing day I've had in weeks!! I got up, took a shower, changed into a clean pair of jammies, and proceeded to not leave the house the WHOLE day! It was yummy. Yesterday was nice eventhough we had to help Alex's Mom move the last few boxes from her storage unit to her new house. It wasn't much stuff - nothing was heavy, and it only took an hour or so out of the day. Then we went to Marmee's and had a nice roast for dinner, then home.

It was almost a perfect weekend. I don't really know what would have made it more perfect.

This is the last week of classes before Thanksgiving. I'm excited to have a whole week off coming up. Time to work on Christmas cards. Yay!

If you're travelling for your turkey this year - I hope you have safe travel. I am sure that I will post at least a couple of times between now and then - but just incase!

No comments: