Thursday, October 13, 2005

Chaos and Creation in the Backyard

Oh, Paul McCartney... You are so talented.

Can I just say I am LOVING Paul's new album!! Alex bought it for me Tuesday night, and I've been listening to it non-stop since.

It's good stuff, in the way you'd expect Sir Paul to be. That's just how he rolls. He's a pimp.

But I digress.

For those of you keeping track of my professional developments - it seems I have an interview lined up for next week... At Tulsa Community College! I'd be teaching Freshman Comp probably, but it's a start, and it's not Check 'n Go!! One of the people I have class with at NSU had heard me saying that I was interested in getting in at TCC - and as soon as he heard of an opening, he let me know who to contact. Lesson: it is good to let people hear what you want to achieve, because they just might help you achieve it.

Should I get a position at TCC - my goal becomes this: Get enough $$ stock-piled away to pay Nov. & Dec. bills - then QUIT MY DUMB JOB!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO I don't think it'll take too long, as I only need about $150 to finish covering Nov... then it's on to Dec - and out.

It would be nice if I could quit now - cause school is starting to slide into that downward slope in which all the assignments start coming rapid-fire, and you just kind of hang on, and hope you come out at the other end without road rash. I have 2 group presentations to prepare for the week after next, a book review for Lit Theory due next Wed, and Chapters 1 & 2 of my research paper due week after next. AAAACCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus - the kicker is - I have to take the MAT. I've been procrastinating about it - but I have to complete it within my first 16 hours of grad work... And as of Dec - I've taken care of 9.

As for the rest of this week - I've got school tonight, then tomorrow I have to make ready the garage sale and price things, etc... Saturday is the garage sale - Sunday I get to recouperate, and then Monday - back to work. Busy busy busy.

For any reader out there who is finishing his bachelor's and considering working for a litle while before he takes grad school - know that working and grad school don't go together very well unless you're taking 1 class a semester, or doing one of those earn your masters in 18 months attending class just one night a week things. But for those of us not getting our masters in business, but instead in something fluffy and arty - work + grad school = BIG HEADACHE.

Well - I've complained enough for today. Time to study some more. yippie

No comments: