Saturday, July 13, 2013

getting better all the time

the first three days of this Vegan lifestyle were - I'm not going to lie - BRUTAL!

a) I didn't feel good. that's an understatement, really - i felt HORRIBLE

b) I didn't like the food. any of it. it took more than an hour to make each recipe (excluding the smoothies), and then the result was DISGUSTING. I even threw up one of the dinners. just gross.

c) my husband didn't like any of this either. and he didn't feel good either. and that made for a not fun home environment.

he still doesn't feel good. i guess his body is having a harder time flushing out the toxins? who knows?? but I am MERCIFULLY feeling better. I don't feel like I could run a marathon or anything - but I feel like a human again. and that is a giant improvement.

also?

husband has a friend following this lifestyle who recommended another cookbook - she said the ETL cookbook recipes were yucky and too involved (just like we experienced), so she recommended the Engine2 website, and the China Study cookbook.

hubs bought the China Study cookbook for me - and it looks MUCH better. I'm off to whole foods in a few minutes to see about getting some ingredients for these recipes. I've also decided that I don't need to magically start liking all these foreign veggies that I've never liked before. collard greens? no thank you! kale? maybe one day - but for now, It's going to be better to stick with those veggies with which I'm familiar and I know I like.

more to come. including results from the first 7 days in losses (I hope!)

No comments: